This post addresses my tutor’s feedback on assignment 3 (see here for assignment), with a pdf of the full feedback referenced below.
The feedback was positive and some points to consider were highlighted:
- Access to the locked diary – I thought I’d given this but will check and revert.
- Try out monochrome versions of the images (with additional contrast) (see here)
- Research – look to embed some images into the text and comment on impact on own practice
- Additional reading suggested (full references provided in pdf of feedback) around concepts on identity/memory for consideration in upcoming work:
- Hirsch, M. 2012. Family Frames: Photography, Narrative and Postmemory. (see here)
- Gibbons, J. 2007. Contemporary Art and Memory: Images of Recollection and Remembrance. (see here)
- Bate, D. 2010. The Memory of Photography. (see here)
- Livingston, D. & Dyer, P. 2010. A View From The Window: Photography, Recording Family Memories. (see here)
- Douglas Huebler, specifically the Variable Piece #101 (see here)
Useful feedback, which I’ll deal with and provide further links in this post.