I received feedback on my first assignment ‘My Square Mile’ from Moira Lovell, my tutor. I happy with the suggestions and insights she’s offered and looking forward to working on them.
- Include more research on Blog – note to self that this provides evidence that I’ve actually read and researched the suggest areas in the course material.
- Photos need a ‘tighter edit’ – these weren’t edited at all as SOC jpeg. Need to discuss with Moira how much editing is expected in exercises as well as assignments in this initial phase.
- Next step is to choose how to photography subject and take a more consistent approach.
- read Camera Lucida by Roland Barthes
- read Marianne Hirsch’s book Family Frames
- read Rosy Martin, including Too Close to Home? and on her phototherapy practice
- look at the work of Kevin Newark (carrier bags) and Sam Taylor-Wood (decaying fruit)
- see Martin Parr’s bad weather
- Psychogeography by Merlin Coverly
- Richard Wentworth – Theories of Space and Place – Book: Key Thinkers on Space and Place
Tutor’s feedback is attached as pdf: andrew_fitzgibbon_assignment_1_feedback