I’ve ordered Walker Evan’s American Photographs as I’m particularly interested in the documentary style of photography. While waiting for the book to arrive, I started some online research. Some sources for future reference:
– Met museum short biography, who he influenced and some examples of his work (http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/evan/hd_evan.htm#slideshow13 – accessed 21.2.15)
– Erik Kim (street photographer/blogger) shares the 17 lessons he’s learned from Walker Evans.
(http://erickimphotography.com/blog/2013/09/05/17-lessons-walker-evans-has-taught-me-about-street-photography/ – accessed 21.2.15)
– Getty Museum youtube video of Walker Evans in his own words. Great!
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlXfbixbGG8 – accessed 21.2.15)
– The Guardian newspaper – America in Pictures
(http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2013/jul/18/walker-evans-america-moma-in-pictures – accessed 21.2.15)
– The Guardian newspaper – Bresson and Evans Exposed
(http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2009/jul/20/photographing-america-evans-cartier-bresson – accessed 21.2.15)